Saturday, February 19, 2011

President's Day Weekend

Typically in February DH and I do not exchange Valentine's gifts, instead we take a weekend in which the two of us go away. For us this is quite the experience as we really don't cross the street without at least one of our boys. However this year little man has had some medical issues and we could not would not leave him behind. So we tossed our snowshoeing plans and spent too many hours trying to figure out a different plan of attack. Early week while in the shower, (hey that's where I do some of my best thinking!) I came up with the Redwood National Forest. It is only 530 miles from our front door. But 530 miles equates to 10+ hours of driving. A little much for a 3day weekend. So we settled on the Olympic Peninsula. Only 6 hours with a ferry ride!

On the knitting front I am still chugging away at Cassis. I have about 5 more inches on the body before the 2inches of ribbing. Sleeves next and then I'll be the styling mom on the baseball field staying toasting in her new hand knit sweater.


Stay tuned for Olympic Penisula photos and a finished sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment