Tuesday, February 8, 2011

10 for Tuesday

10 things I love (miss) about home (Montana)

10. Weather - the saying is that if you don't like the weather in Montana wait a couple of hours and it will change. From blizzards to summer thunderstorms by far it is the best!


9. Activities - for my family Montana is the best place to go for entertainment! We don't do the big city stuff instead we hike, fish, hunt, camp, etc. Unlike my current location in Montana you don't need to drive 2 hours to do either! You just need to walk out the front door. Plus Yellowstone and Glacier are also at your fingertips if you do choose to driver over 2 hours.


8. Strangers - I know that one sounds a little strange (pun intended) However in Montana even the strangers are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.


7. Star filled nights - Hello! We are talking Big Sky Country here!


6. Driving - It is a proven fact that Montana has some of the best maintained roads (thanks bro) but also the most deadliest. But having that open road all to yourself.... well let's just say that the word freedom comes to mind.


5. History - Montana is excellent in promoting it's history. From the Big events to the small historical ones that aren't in the history book Montana has provided to roadside sign that tells all.


4. Pine trees - I LOVE the smell of the Pine trees. I LOVE Pine trees covered in snow. I LOVE how Pine trees make the mountains in the distance look blue.


3. Mountains - I just need to see really tall mountains! I need to be able to go to the top of the mountains and see for miles all around. A girl needs to feel ontop of the world sometime!


2. It's home - I was born and raised in Montana. You can't expect me not to love it.


1. Family - All of my close family (blood and family friends) are in Montana.... enjoying it's splendor without me.
On Top of the World - Beartooth Mountain Range

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. You make me miss home. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete