Sunday, February 6, 2011

Eleventh Hour Scarf

As many of you know, every year I set out to make Christmas gifts for the entire family throughout the year. It is quite comical as I usually make it to the end of January and before I forget the idea, until December of course! However 2011 is beginning quite favorable! I have already completed two pairs of fingerless gloves and a cowl (pictures to come!) Today during the Superbowl (sorry Austin that the Steeler's lost) I whipped up an Eleventh-Hour Scarf. Chunky yarn doubled, size 35 needles, and about two hours (with snacking) equals one Christmas gift down. I used Lion Brand Thick & Quick as it is intended for a teenage niece and I don't think handwashing is in her vocabulary. Not to mention if I'm going to knit for the entire family plus and handful of close friends I need to keep it economical!

No comments:

Post a Comment