Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cup of Joe, Anyone?

Not a lot of knitting has been going on around these parts lately only a couple of rows here and there. Since the the Quilt Show earlier this month it seams that the needle and thread have somewhat taken hold. Not just with me but with the rest of the girls. Susan is working on a skirt, Jessica is trying to find the ultimate pattern for her Japanese fabric, Kim is Yo-Yoing herself a dog, and Nancy is working on quilts for all of her children. And our long distance friend, Heidi is pondering summer cover-ups for the afternoons at the pool. I've made an apron and a pair of pajamas (pictures to come) and we are collecting fabric. With bags and French Press Cozies in mind. It's too funny on how infectious it has turned out. While in my hunt of fabric that I must collect I came across Aunt Martha's iron on transfers. Didn't give it much thought. I had seen them before and never paid much attention. Don't ask me what happened because the other morning, like a sudden surge of energy, I decided that I must try embroidery. And try it now! So off to the craft store I went. I've cross-stitched before (which is a totally different post) but never anything without predefined holes. When I saw the coffee transfers that was all she wrote. I'd seen red work and blue work before.... decided on brown work. I figured that if I wasn't worrying about what color to use where that I could focus on creating even stitches. Plan worked well. Below is my first finished product. I loved the entire process! Now I don't know if it is because it is new and exciting or if it is something that I'm really going to enjoy.... but its got my attention right now!

On a side note - I am frustrated that the flour sacks you buy today are not even close to the quality of that actual flour sacks that were used in my Mom and Grandma's kitchens.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Your towels are beautiful! You do such precise work. Please take lots of pictures and do a full post back after this next weekend! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete