Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cassis


Introducing Cassis designed by Baby Cocktails. I fell in love with Cassis, like most of Baby Cocktails' patterns, at first sight. I am hoping that Cassis will be a "go to" sweater. I am knitting it out of Paton's Merino instead of the Plucky Knitter merino as I see Cassis traveling with me to spring baseball games, summer camping trips, Montana trips, etc... I am needing a sweater that I can wear to those places with no worries of hot chocolate, campfire sparks, etc. Yes, as I'm knitting it I am determining that I'm going to be okay when I wear it out with love! Now I just have about 12 inches of stockinette with a three four row repeat lace panels and two sleeves. I am still up in the air on how long the sleeves are going to be. Ravelry is showing every sleeve variation possible. Currently I'm leaning towards above the elbow as it will be more in tune with my SE Washington weather. I am sure that by the time I get to the sleeves I will have changed my mind several times, but with that much stockinette to go.... I have plently of time to decide!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this sweater. It looks beautiful, practical and comfortable all at once. I like just above the elbow as well. That way the sleeves aren't getting in the way when you're busy, yet they cover shoulders and upper arms. Great color!

    ReplyDelete